IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo modules repair and programming
Please use the MVS Amazon link when you buy anything at all! It helps this site. Thanks very much!

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

P2135 code on '06 S80

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
litewait
Year and Model: S80 2000

P2135 code on '06 S80

Post by litewait »

06' S80 138k miles, stalled once, got it running again. I've put 50 miles on it since no issues.

Pulled the codes and I am getting P2135 $0710 Throttle Position.

I am in fix it or sell it mode with this vehicle. Scared to death to take it to the local dealer since a few years back my son took it in for a normal service oil/change etc. and they charged him $295!

I do have a local guy that I trust, but not sure diagnosis of this is over his head.

My reading suggests its either the position sensor, ETM, or (ugh) throttle body.

If the repair is greater that $1000 probably will think about selling it.

UPDATE: It seems if its the position sensor you have to replace the whole throttle body, can that be???????

UPDATE AGAIN: My son drove it to my house now the code cleared?  How can that be?

Advice please?