IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Please HELP

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

Josborne
Year and Model: 2001 s60 2.4t
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Josborne

Please HELP

Post by Josborne » Sun May 24, 2020 8:07 am

A couple of weeks ago I was on my way home when my 01 s60 turbo began spitting and sputtering while I was driving. At the time it felt like some type of fuel issue. However, as I turned onto my road I realize I had no ABS. I thought my car had died until I went to give it gas. It did this the remainder of the ride home.
The following morning I contacted my mechanic and had him come get it. When I got it back he stated that he had wrapped a few exposed wires and changed my rear pads and rotors. It was running great again. Then exactly a week later the same exact thing happened.
I wanted another mechanics opinion so a friend came by and hooked his computer up. He is thinking there’s a slight chance it could be the throttle body positioning sensor, but it more certain of the possibility that it has jumped time.
I am no mechanic, however I do enjoy learning new things about my “Vee-vee.” Any and all ideas and opinions would be greatly appreciated. This is my only vehicle right now and as most of you know, times are tough at the moment. I hope someone here can help me out because I don’t know if I should let him replace the sensor or if I should just leave her parked. TIA for your help.

volvolugnut
Year and Model: 2001 V70
United States of America
volvolugnut

Re: Please HELP

Post by volvolugnut » Sun May 24, 2020 8:37 am

We can use some more information to help make suggestions.
What is mileage and maintenance condition?
Has the S60 had the throttle position sensor (actually Electronic Throttle Module (ETM) replace at any time? These have known issues over time.
What wires did the first mechanic wrap?
What computer did the second guy use and what codes did he read, if any?
How old is your battery and what is it's condition? These cars need a strong, well charged battery.
volvolugnut
2001 V70 T5, 1986 244DL, 1983 245DL, 1975 245DL, 1959 PV544, multiple parts cars.