IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Oil pressure sensor

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
tfrupar
Year and Model: 2007 xc90 LTD v8
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
tfrupar

Oil pressure sensor

Post by tfrupar » Sun May 31, 2020 11:22 am

Hey guys

I'm driving an 07 xc90 LTD V8. I recently replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor and routinely change my oil. I'm reasonably capable, but don't necessarily have the level of knowledge or experience to do everything on my own.

I recently got the (apparently common) "no oil pressure" alert. After speaking with my mechanic (of over 28 years... Very trusted) he recommended that I check the pressure sensor before bringing it in for more serious (read: expensive) work.

(I believe) I have found the sensor, but have no idea how to access it. I've attached pictures for y'all to confirm I'm looking at the right thing and hopefully provide next steps to replacing this sensor. I do realize I have a slow oil leak, but I've never really had issues with oil levels. I see the bulging on the filter gasket as well and will remedy that next time around (unless y'all tell me it's urgent)

Thanks in advance for any help!

wanderdüne
Year and Model: 2004, 2006 XC90 2.5T
United States of America
wanderdüne

Re: Oil pressure sensor

Post by wanderdüne » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:05 am

I'm guessing that's it above the filter. If it looks like this https://www.ipdusa.com/products/6496/11 ... o-30713497 then that's it. I'd replace the oil filter just because and also what brand is that? Never seen one with a red o- ring. I'd only use a MANN or VOLVO branded filter. Also, the o- ring goes not at flange, but on the next groove "up". lightly oil it before screwing the housing back on. I'd just change the sensor as well; it's inexpensive enough.
https://workshop-manuals.com/volvo/xc90 ... page_3344/ See also the previous and next page, too bad about the line drawing, as per usual.