IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

FCP Speaks Up

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
BlackBart
Year and Model: 2004 XC70 BlackBetty
Sweden
BlackBart

FCP Speaks Up

Post by BlackBart » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:57 am

You all may have gotten this email from FCP this morning as well. I was surprised and impressed.

fcpeuro-email-header-black.jpg
fcpeuro-email-header-black.jpg (6.09 KiB) Viewed 332 times
All,

This is not a typical email for me, and I still don't think I've found the right words to express my thoughts.

Let me first speak clearly and unequivocally: Black lives matter. We stand in solidarity today and forever with the black community.

This is a human rights issue, and FCP Euro must leverage its platform and community to drive change as we continue into the future.

One of FCP Euro’s core values is People before Profits. We’ve spent the last 20 years striving to build a morally and ethically sound company that takes special care of its employees and customers. As someone who cares deeply, I have and continue to feel the responsibility to not only talk about diversity, equality, and inclusion but to make meaningful contributions and improvements to how we fundamentally operate and grow as an organization along with ourselves as individuals. The recent events have made us take an even deeper look into our company. We realize we’ve come a long way, but there’s still more we can do.

FCP Euro has an obligation to drive change in our community, environment, and society. In furtherance of that commitment, we would like to give visibility into the steps we’ve already started to take and will continue to move forward:

We are committed to improving our diversity and overall social responsibility throughout FCP Euro while making our progress completely transparent to the public. These will be visible and accessible at cares.fcpeuro.com by July 1st.
We are committed to immediately enhancing our process and platform for FCP Euro employees to raise social issues and concerns to the appropriate colleagues and decision-makers by June 15th.
We are committed to developing a Social Responsibility plan that we will share with all of you by July 1st. This includes our social values and annual goals in key areas such as our governance, people, environment, market, community, and society.
We are committed to immediately bringing diversity into our board meetings through the development of a Social Responsibility Board that will consist of eight individuals within FCP Euro from diverse backgrounds and functional expertise in the areas of our Social Responsibility plan by June 15th.
We are committed to making ongoing financial contributions in all areas of our Social Responsibility plan. We will share those details with our employees and customers at cares.fcpeuro.com as we develop our plan.
We are committed to living in a community that treats everyone equally and with dignity. We do not tolerate discrimination, harassment, or racism, and we respectfully ask any customers not willing to abide by those same values to choose another parts supplier.
I'm holding myself accountable. I'm holding FCP Euro accountable. And I invite you, our customers, to hold us accountable.

FCP Euro remains committed to shaping and changing the future, and we ask for your support along the way.

Scott Drozd | CEO
ex-1984 245T wagon
1994 850T wagon
2004 XC70 wagon BlackBetty
Is it time for a 1964 122 wagon?

Sveedy
Year and Model: 96 850 Turbo
United States of America
Sveedy

Re: FCP Speaks Up

Post by Sveedy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:36 pm

Very nice to hear. Hope it's contagious.
" There is enough in the world for everyones' needs, but not enough for everyones' greed. "
Gandhi

matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Post by matthew1 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:05 pm

Scott's a good guy. I haven't had a lot of interaction with him, but when I have he's been solid dude.
Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

abscate
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70
Trinidad & Tobago
abscate

Post by abscate » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:49 am

We do not tolerate discrimination, harassment, or racism, and we respectfully ask any customers not willing to abide by those same values to choose another parts supplier.
Well done, Scott.
Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW
Link to Maintenance record thread
Link To Volvo Glossary

MoVolvos
Year and Model: 03S80T6~08C30T5
United States of America
MoVolvos

Post by MoVolvos » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:40 pm

-
I saw a sign by the protesters the other day in the news which read "Silence Is Violence". What if I were (really am) ignorant and didn't want to in good conscience say anything till I had understood the issues? What if I was just someone who don't know my left hand from my right concerning current events, history, ideology or just anything political? I did received a C and D in History and Government respectively in high school and my teacher for the later told me he was being generous.

I was forwarded a small clip of a conversation between a Liberal host (he said he was in the intro of the link) and one of his guest. Saw a sign in the video which read Rubin Report (never heard of it) but was able to track it down. Starts at 21:54. The intro however is interesting also. As for the rest of the video, will have to find time to see it. I fast forward till I found the conversation in the clip.

-
Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion

MoVolvos
United States of America
MoVolvos

Post by MoVolvos » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:36 am

-
22:40 Former Black Police Officer Says he understands what's going on that after they won the Final 4 they want to protest and burn down the city.
-

-
Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion

RickHaleParker
Year and Model: See Signature below.
United States of America
RickHaleParker

Post by RickHaleParker » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:43 am

MoVolvos wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:40 pm
-
I saw a sign by the protesters the other day in the news which read "Silence Is Violence".
They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.

-- Martin Niemöller 1946

It is about the cowardice of German intellectuals and certain clergy (including, by his own admission, Niemöller himself) following the Nazis' rise to power and subsequent incremental purging of their chosen targets, group after group.

The use of a police force to suppress a group is nothing new and the practice is active in the United States.
These users thanked the author RickHaleParker for the post (total 2):
Sveedyabscate
--------
Platform: P80 1998 C70, B5234T3, 16T, AW50-42, Bosch Motronic 4.4, Special Edition package.
Platform: X40 (Nedcar) 2003 S40, B4204T3, 14T twin scroll AW55-50/51SN, Siemens EMS 2000.
Platform P2 2005 XC90 T6 Executive, B6294T, 4T65 AWD, Bosch Motronic 7.0.
Platform P2 2004 S60R, B2524T4, AW50/51 AWD, B8444S TF80 AWD, Bosch Motronic 7.0, BorgWarner K24 turbocharger. V8 conversion in progress.

MoVolvos
United States of America
MoVolvos

Post by MoVolvos » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:09 am

RickHaleParker wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:43 am
MoVolvos wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:40 pm
-
I saw a sign by the protesters the other day in the news which read "Silence Is Violence".
They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.

-- Martin Niemöller 1946

It is about the cowardice of German intellectuals and certain clergy (including, by his own admission, Niemöller himself) following the Nazis' rise to power and subsequent incremental purging of their chosen targets, group after group.

The use of a police force to suppress a group is nothing new and the practice is active in the United States.
I'm not against the protest but what if those who are silent are targets of intimidation, coercion and potential violence for their silence? The violence in the Cultural Revolution began with the youths in the street and ultimately turned in their own family members for not kowtowing to the party line.

"Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

What if people of all colors with firearms fill the streets to control the looting, burning and "violence" from both sides?
-
Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion

Sveedy
Year and Model: 96 850 Turbo
United States of America
Sveedy

Post by Sveedy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:25 am

In this case you'd have more shootings and deaths.

A better question might be, " What is the private property material equivalency of a human life ? A TV, a car, a building ? "
We should all know the rules before we start the game.
" There is enough in the world for everyones' needs, but not enough for everyones' greed. "
Gandhi

BlackBart
Year and Model: 2004 XC70 BlackBetty
Sweden
BlackBart

Post by BlackBart » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:33 pm

Firearms and conflict aren't the answer.

It's a simple but complicated matter of just treating people fairly. "Fairness" is such a simple principle, and nearly everyone can perceive it, on many levels, from when they're children.

Racism and tribalism and them-and-us and "others" begin very early. I believe they are mostly a learned behavior.
ex-1984 245T wagon
1994 850T wagon
2004 XC70 wagon BlackBetty
Is it time for a 1964 122 wagon?