IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Volvo trailer light set-up from a pull-off- 2005 XC90?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
volvooh
Year and Model: '98 S70, '05&'08 V70
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
volvooh

Volvo trailer light set-up from a pull-off- 2005 XC90?

Post by volvooh » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:29 am

I already have a hitch/receiver installed by a previous owner (uhaul brand). No lights though. I am in the process of acquiring a boat and would like to haul it legally to the lake and back. There is a 2005 XC90 at the pull apart I have already raided once but while there I noticed it had a factory tow kit installed- hitch receiver and trailer lights. How difficult would something like this to be to extract and move over to my 2005 XC90?

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: Volvo trailer light set-up from a pull-off- 2005 XC90?

Post by SuperHerman » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:34 pm

If you have a copy of VIDA it should be in there - just do the opposite. It would not hurt to look up what the kit costs from Volvo and what it includes - take a peak at their parts diagram for more information. Another route would be to see if it is in a wiring diagram if you have that. VIDA and wiring diagrams can be found on the forum if you do a search. I would help you, but my sister now has my VIDA/DICE unit.