Ready to go Back to Stage 0?
Restoring a free ’98 V70 (B5254T = light pressure turbo, 190 hp engine) to a generally dependable condition, suitable for around town and highway drives. This topic mostly speaks to the timing belt replacement and which parts are to be OEM-only replacements (original equipment manufacturer).
MVS Forum member VolvoTurbo850 reminds us of the important things on the Gen 1 V70 and XC70s, and all 850s:
- The timing and components including the water pump need to be changed or you wont be able to fulfill any of those options.
- Ensure your cooling system is working properly.
- Make sure you pass emissions testing and related repairs.
- Keep your car tuned up and oil changes regularly.
- Basic maintenance on the belts and hoses and tires and brakes.
Welcome to Matthews Volvo Site! Your one stop shop for all Volvo news, help and DIY fixes. We feature the Volvo Repair Database, the best Volvo Forum, and an awesome monthly Volvo newsletter. Joining is always free!
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.