Let’s talk Rear Booster Sensor
Rear Booster Sensor Symptoms
It all started with a rough idle in park followed by a check engine light. The CEL was for the heated oxygen sensor which was replaced. At this time I also noticed that when the car was in gear but stopped at a light, the engine RPMs would sometimes suddenly fall (or slip down) and the car would shudder briefly and it would feel like the AC compressor kicked on (but the AC wasn’t on). The car never stalled but it felt like if the RPMs went any lower it would have.
Bonus! 10 Interesting Volvo Facts
- In Latin, the word Volvo means: I spin. Today however the nearest meaning is “I roll”.
- Volvo was founded in 1924. The two founders were Gustav Larsson and Assar Gabrielsson.
- The ÖV 4 is the first Volvo car. The first car was sell-ready in 1927. The 2-Liter, 4-cilinder car got the nickname: Jakob.
- Volvo’s very first commercial vehicle was the Type-1 truck. The release year was 1928. In the same year, Volvo released the second car, the Volvo PV 651. Volvo manufactured a total of 1383 of both vehicles in the first year; of which automaker exported 27.
- This trend saw a sharp rise in 1932 when Volvo released a good amount of 10,000 vehicles, both trucks and cars.
- The company, however, started making a large-scale profit from the year 1935. The first luxurious car by Volvo was the PV36, which could carry six passengers at a time. The design of this iconic car paved the path for future Volvo cars to come. I came in the market with a price tag of 8,500 Swedish kronor.
- Volvo touched a landmark in 1941, with the sale of its 50,000th vehicle; this is a unique achievement considering the time when WWII was in full swing.
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.