This reset is handy for the S80 owner who perform their own repair/ maintenance and then notices the “General Maintenance Required” service message light is still illuminated.
Volvo S80 Reset Service Message Instructions:
- Turn ignition switch to position I
- Press and hold “day counter reset button”
- Turn ignition to position II
- Continue holding day counter for about 10 seconds
- While SRL flashes, release day counter button
- Should hear “beep-beep” to confirm command accepted
Once the reset is complete, turn on the ignition to confirm the reset was successful.