After a monumentally, excruciatingly long run with only one major update, the Volvo S80 will be replaced next year by an all-new model named the S90.
Volvo S90 facts:
- It’s based on Volvo’s Scalable Product Architecture, the same platform used for the new XC90
- The largest engine it will have is a 4-cylinder, but higher trim levels will supplement this with plug-in hybrid electric power
- All-wheel-drive hybrid trim will put down 400hp
- V90 wagon will appear
- The S90 will replace the S80 as Volvo’s range-topper
- It’s an inch wider and 4 longer than the S80
- FWD and AWD configurations
More details on Car & Driver.