MVS Member darylrobert recently provided a description with photos of an automatic to manual transmission swap on his 1998 V70t. In replacing the M56 gearbox, he removed the drive shafts along with the hub, opting not to use the manual drive shaft due to it not being in great condition. His photos in the forum post also show jack placement and what the transmission looks like with the flywheel removed. Daryl says, ”I used a 11/16 AF socket which didn’t damage the socket or bolts. I don’t see why it is recommended to remove the starter motor.”
MVS SPONSORSVolvoMechanics Volvo OEM Parts Direct My Swedish Parts XC70accessories.com XC90accessories.com XC60accessories.com
Volvo Forum Latest
- 12m 98 V70:Cabin Blower Speed Vehicle Speed Sensitive?
- 17m 98 V70 CV axle inner and outer boot replace -...
- 48m94 850 Wagon replacement Key
- 55mMost reliable AWD Volvo.
- 1hETM, ECU what is giong on?
- 1hAfter 850, then what?
- 1hV70/850 tailgate inner panel repair question?
- 1h98 V70-XC hatchback support shocks
- 1hMajor electrical issues, any help appreciated
- 1h 98 V70 GLT Intermittent...
- Register for the forum! It's free!
Volvo Forum Hot Topics
MVS's most-viewed topics in the last week
- 1 Milky, foamy dipstick but coolant res... 419 views, 21 posts
- 2 Whats worse than the engine oil light... 360 views, 21 posts
- 3After 850, then what? 212 views, 13 posts