Dave at Volvo Specialists said years ago he toyed with cam timing on his 850 Turbo but found that no adjustment was better than the factory adjustment. At one point, his low end was so bad he could have run faster than his 850 for the first 30 feet. To the right is the Volvo cam timing adjustment tool. It seperates at its center. The two circular outboard cylinders lock into the cams, and from the other side you dial in degrees plus or minus from factory center.
MVS SPONSORSVolvoMechanics Volvo OEM Parts Direct My Swedish Parts XC70accessories.com XC90accessories.com XC60accessories.com
Volvo Forum Latest
- <1m98 V70 Frozen front brake caliper
- 32mcheck engine light on 1994 940 sedan
- 47mExtender Right Outer Tie Rod for 1999 XC90
- 52m My 2000 S70 has winter mode, and my parts car has...
- 56m215/60 R 15 tires on a 97 850?
- 1h1999 V70 T5M Nissens Radiator Replacement Failure
- 1h99V70 Base, Auto, FWD -- Codes after recent work
- 1hTiming belt questions
- 1hidle air control valve ?
- 3h1993 volvo 240 wagon overheating
- Register for the forum! It's free!
Volvo Forum Hot Topics
MVS's most-viewed topics in the last week
- 1215/60 R 15 tires on a 97 850? 296 views, 18 posts
- 2 Angle / Bevel gear wrecked - looking for... 242 views, 11 posts
- 3Misfire on cyl 2 226 views, 10 posts