“T6 has GM transmission, no drain plug.
Just preformed transmission flush and filter change on my 2004 T6.
Very simple job.
- Use vaccum pump to suck fluid out dip stick. You will get about six quarts.
- Remove pan, replace filter.
- Fill transmission with 6 quarts of fluid.
- Remove transmission fluid cooler return line, will be the straight line heading back to transmission from radiator.
- Attach tubing to return line, run line into clear 1 gallon jug such as milk bottle.
- Start car run until bottle fills half way about two quarts.
- Stop car, put 2 quarts of new transmission fluid in car.
- Keep doing this until your transmission fluid comes out clean.
- For my complete flush and refill I used 15 quarts of Redline D4 ATF.
You can find pictures on line, just googgle Volvo XC90 T6 transmission flush.”
Welcome to Volvo news, help and DIY fixes. We feature the Volvo Repair Database, the best Volvo Forum, and an awesome monthly Volvo newsletter. Joining is always free!