A 2000 V70R has popped up in my area, and I'm tempted to take it on as a project this summer. I'm hoping someone experienced can give me a sanity check.
The current state of the car:
- Located near me here in Ontario
- Engine runs
- Body in good shape
- Interior in good condition
- Automatic transmission (it was rebuilt a year ago, but I would prefer a manual)
- No turbo
- No front brakes
- No center drive shaft (i.e. it's FWD only at the moment)
- Manual swap, either M58 (live in Canada, should be easy to get for <500) or M66
- Install front brakes
- Install some kind of turbo, whatever is easiest
- Get the AWD working
- General tune up (i.e. all the stuff in the sticky post)
- Suspension refresh
- Is 500CAD a reasonable price for that car, given the state it's in?
- Am I crazy for thinking that with the right tools and a whole lot of wrenching, this could all be done for less than 5000CAD?
- Is it more trouble than it's worth?