IPD sale Volvo Parts

Just got lucky with the SRS Urgent caution.

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" cars.
2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R
hethaerto
Year and Model: 02 Volvo S60 T5
United States of America

Just got lucky with the SRS Urgent caution.

Post by hethaerto » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 am

My new Autel MD808 code scanner told me I had a bad SRS bulb in the gauge cluster.

Interwebs says this is caused by a weak solder joint in the cluster. Cheapest cluster repair is $150.

Decided to pull the cluster and prep it for shipment. Pulled the cluster, but decided to spray the socket and plug with Deoxit and see what happens. Plugged it all back up, connected the battery, fired it up, SRS caution still there. Plugged in the scanner, cleared the caution and it didn't come back.

$250 for the scanner, $150 saved just now.....

One more repair and this thing will have paid for itself.

What's funny is that the cluster had the name and address of a previous owner who likely had the same issue, had the cluster repaired, didn't clean the plugs, reinstalled, got the caution again, didn't have the right scanner to access the SRS module and finally said "Screw it".

8)

8)

jonesg
Year and Model: 2004 V70
Wales

Re: Just got lucky with the SRS Urgent caution.

Post by jonesg » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:32 am

hethaerto wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 am
My new Autel MD808 code scanner told me I had a bad SRS bulb in the gauge cluster.

Interwebs says this is caused by a weak solder joint in the cluster. Cheapest cluster repair is $150.

Decided to pull the cluster and prep it for shipment. Pulled the cluster, but decided to spray the socket and plug with Deoxit and see what happens. Plugged it all back up, connected the battery, fired it up, SRS caution still there. Plugged in the scanner, cleared the caution and it didn't come back.

$250 for the scanner, $150 saved just now.....

One more repair and this thing will have paid for itself.

What's funny is that the cluster had the name and address of a previous owner who likely had the same issue, had the cluster repaired, didn't clean the plugs, reinstalled, got the caution again, didn't have the right scanner to access the SRS module and finally said "Screw it".

8)
Write yourself a check for $150 PLUS shipping. !

hethaerto
Year and Model: 02 Volvo S60 T5
United States of America

Re: Just got lucky with the SRS Urgent caution.

Post by hethaerto » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:58 am

:D

8)