IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Vida DICE - "NO TOOL CONNECTION" error

How to buy, install and use VIDA, VADIS, DiCE, VMWare and all the questions and answers that come with these tools.
Cosworth1981
Year and Model: 2004 xc90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain
Cosworth1981

Vida DICE - "NO TOOL CONNECTION" error

Post by Cosworth1981 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi, ive seen on here a few of you are VIDA experts, and after working for Volvo I know what a great tool it is, So i purchased on and have had many struggles getting it to work. I originally had it running through oraclebox, and when i did VIDA worked but I could not detect the DICE, now Ive bought a purpose built laptop and have install Windows 7 Pro, and have IE 9 running. VIDA loads fine, DICE identified the DICE and shows voltages etc, all tests are good, but when I go into VIDA the TOOL COMMUNICATION box is empty with a red cross in the top corner. Any ideas?
Last edited by matthew1 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clarified title

ericy
Year and Model: 2015 V60
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
ericy

Re: Vida DICE - "NO TOOL CONNECTION" error

Post by ericy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:16 pm

You must be running a 32-bit browser for VIDA to work properly. Normally the desktop icons should launch the correct browser - if you are trying to get to the thing from a browser launched in some other manner, you might have a 64-bit browser.

doublebug
Year and Model: XC90 2007 D5
Belarus
doublebug

Re: Vida DICE - "NO TOOL CONNECTION" error

Post by doublebug » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:36 am

I've attached some reg files. You need to run EnableIEHostingxxx.reg file depending on the Windows bitness.
That files are needed if .NET version is 4.5 and greater.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you have questions about Volvo firmware ask me. I may know an answer :)