Welcome to MVS! The two most popular ways to find Volvo help are searching and posting. When you search for your answer, your results will be a page that’s either in the Volvo Forums, or in the Volvo Repair Database.
If you can’t find your answer by searching, post your question in the forums. You’ll need to register a forum account. It’s easy and takes about 45 seconds.
1. Search Our Documented RepairsThat searches the posts in the Volvo Repair Database, our storehouse of the best topics from the Volvo forums and beyond.
2. Search the Volvo Forum
When we say “forum”, we really mean the dozen or so sub-forums that make up the whole experience. The sub-forums are, for example,
- Volvo S80
- Volvo XC60
- C30, C70 (2006+)
- S40/V50 (2004+)
- 850, S70, V70, C70 & V70-XC Forum (1992-2000) and so on.
You can search each one of those sub-forums, and stuff not in that sub-forum will not show up in the results. To do that, just use the “Search this forum” box in the top-ish left area of any forum index page. They’re listed here.
3. Post in the Volvo Forum
Another great way to find your Volvo advice or repair is to register, then read Rules and Etiquette, and then post a topic in the Volvo Forum. A bonus of registering for the Volvo Forum is that you are able to “Subscribe Topic”, which means when somebody posts to that topic, you’ll get an email alerting you. Pretty useful.
How to Use The Forum
Just registered? Excellent! Go to the Volvo Forum Log In page.
Scroll down a touch, and on that page are two boxes, one’s labeled ‘username’ and the other is ‘password’.
Put your username and password in those. You chose both those when you registered. If you’ve forgotten your password already, go to the Forgot Password page.
How to Post a Question in the Forum
See the How to Post in the Volvo Forums page.
Log in, then you’re looking at the same stuff unregistered users are looking at, except you can reply to topics, and start your own topic.
- Rules and Etiquette (reading this is required)
- How to Register
- How to Log In
- How to Post a Topic
- How to Post a Photo
- How to Watch* a Volvo Forum Topic
- Watch* an Entire Volvo Forum
- How to Embed a YouTube Video
- What do the topic icons mean?
* “Watch” in this context means to get emails when someone posts to the topic or forum. We don’t bug you with emails… you get only what you Watch. If you don’t come to the forum after getting these emails, they stop coming.
4. Browse the Volvo Repair Database
The third way to get information and help for your Volvo is to use the world-famous Volvo Repair Database. The contents of the VRD are compiled by the MVS Moderators, and are usually the “best of the best” information available here.
So If Those Dont’ Do It…
I don’t know what will. Well, your Volvo dealer will, but for big service bills, plus perhaps several trips to see him and wasted time. Get your ducks in a row before you go to the dealer, if you must go to the dealer.
We’re not anti-dealer, but rather pro-DIY, so we want to arm you with all the information you can carry. And for free.