Every Volvo owner has a first day owning his or her Volvo. If this is yours, congratulations! We welcome the Volvo novice.
New to used Volvos or this site? Here’s a collection of resources to help the Volvo novice get started on diagnosing problems, understanding problems and DIY.
We provide the widest array of Volvo DIY on the Web, and we’ve helped over 10 million Volvo owners since MVS was founded in 2001.
Volvo Owner Resources
- Glossary – what are all these 3-letter terms? Find out here.
- Trouble codes on 1992-1995 models, 1996-1998 models, 1999+ models
- Volvo ETM – electronic throttle module on 1999-2000 models
- Owner’s manual apps for your phone or tablet from Volvo, or alternately, here
- Volvo radio code request form
- Radio codes explained – when your radio says “CODE”
- Volvo won’t start – “Lawnmower Syndrome“
- How to change your Volvo’s spark plugs
- 5-cylinder 850, S70, V70, XC70, V70-XC, XC90, S80, V60, S60, XC60, C30 spark plugs tutorial 1 or spark plugs tutorial 2 or spark plugs tutorial 3
- 4 cylinders S40/V40 spark plugs tutorial
- 6 cylinders T6 spark plugs tutorial: S80, XC90
- 8 cylinders V8 spark plugs tutorial: S80, XC90
- Spark plug torque specs on 5-cyl
- Spark plug gap specs
- Which spark plugs to buy?