It’s Fast Friday #41! An automatic 850
- Bosch copper plugs @ 29,000ths
- Straight flange on turbo
- MSD ignition
- 19t 11 blade comp fan
- ARD Green tune with some extras
- Motronic 4.4
- 17 psi
- HKS ssqv
- Snaab intake
- K&N cone filter
- TMZ muffler
- Stock dp and cat
It’s Fast Friday #41. An Automatic 850 Goes Over 300hp. Way Over.
- 1995 Volvo 850 T-5R Yellow Sedan for SaleA rare 1995 T5-R wearing the famous Cream Yellow paint is for sale in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It’s one of roughly 300 Cream Yellows in the United States. Here’s the Craigslist ad, and here’s Robert’s 1995 T5-R Cream Yellow forum post. From Wikipedia: The 1995 850 T-5R was limited in exterior paint color choices: Cream yellow – 2537 worldwide including saloon and estate. Cream Yellow was marketed in the Australian market as ‘Faded Yellow’ to compensate for the unrelenting Australian sun. The Gothenburg boffins were aware of the 1990s paint technology, and the fact it wouldn’t retain its deep luster over the course of time, and hence, the clever marketing descriptor, ‘Faded Yellow’ was coined. Stone Black – 2516 worldwide including saloon and estate Olive green metallic – 1911 worldwide including saloon and estate Colour…
- 850 Turbocharger Install TipsYou can get the CBV diaphragm from lots of places, but I would make sure it is made by Mitsubishi. I have seen posts recently about people getting new CBVs that leak immediately or soon. I have bought them on eBay in the past but it is getting tougher and tougher to buy there and not end up with junk.
- MSD Ignition Coil Install PhotosMSD 8207 Blaster Ignition Coil installation photos from when I put this on my 1997 Volvo 850 T-5. There’s no gotchas or complexity here. If you can turn a wrench you can do this. This MSD has worked fine, no complaints at all. It’s a solid part of any Stage 0.