If you’ve ever run your had across your hood after you’ve washed your car and felt tiny bumps, removing those is what the bar does. This kit comes with two clay bars and a spray that acts as a lubricant as you move the clay bar over the surface. When I was finished, the surface of my V70 R was like glass. Reflective, deep, buttery glass.
Review: Meguiar’s Smooth Surface Clay Kit
matthew1 » I had 0 experience with clay bars. Never even held one in my hand, and when I went outside to my beloved V70 R to use it, I found I had no idea what I was doing. I had to go back inside and watch YouTube videos like this on on how to use clay bars. Like everyone else who’s used them, I’m now hooked and can’t believe I went this long without it.
The purpose of a clay bar is deceptively simple: to pick up dirt from the clearcoat, dirt that won’t come off when you wash your Volvo. That’s it.
If you’ve ever run your had across your hood after you’ve washed your car and felt tiny bumps, removing those is what the bar does. This kit comes with two clay bars and a spray that acts as a lubricant as you move the clay bar over the surface. When I was finished, the surface of my V70 R was like glass. Reflective, deep, buttery glass. I’m going to do my 850 in the next few days.
The kit also comes with a microfiber towel and — as a nice touch — a small bottle of Meguiar’s Cleaner Wax, which is a nice compromise between single-purpose showroom wax and a general purpose cleaner. In other words, it’s forgiving, made for us car owners who do our own wash/waxing.
Read the rest of my clay bar kit review:
Bonus! 10 Interesting Volvo Facts
- In Latin, the word Volvo means: I spin. Today however the nearest meaning is “I roll”.
- Volvo was founded in 1924. The two founders were Gustav Larsson and Assar Gabrielsson.
- The ÖV 4 is the first Volvo car. The first car was sell-ready in 1927. The 2-Liter, 4-cilinder car got the nickname: Jakob.
- Volvo’s very first commercial vehicle was the Type-1 truck. The release year was 1928. In the same year, Volvo released the second car, the Volvo PV 651. Volvo manufactured a total of 1383 of both vehicles in the first year; of which automaker exported 27.
- This trend saw a sharp rise in 1932 when Volvo released a good amount of 10,000 vehicles, both trucks and cars.
- The company, however, started making a large-scale profit from the year 1935. The first luxurious car by Volvo was the PV36, which could carry six passengers at a time. The design of this iconic car paved the path for future Volvo cars to come. I came in the market with a price tag of 8,500 Swedish kronor.
- Volvo touched a landmark in 1941, with the sale of its 50,000th vehicle; this is a unique achievement considering the time when WWII was in full swing.
Welcome to Matthews Volvo Site! Your one stop shop for all Volvo news, help and DIY fixes. We feature the Volvo Repair Database, the best Volvo Forum, and an awesome monthly Volvo newsletter. Joining is always free!
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.