Oxygen Sensor Questions?
S80 Oxygen Sensors
I guess what I’m hoping I can do, most likely tomorrow, is buy some generic Bosch O2 sensors somewhere like Advance Auto and splice them on. Figure I’d just do the two front ones and see if the code came back again. The rear ones are beyond my ability with the tools at my disposal, and since I don’t have my own garage I can’t justify investing in things like a floor jack. I’d just give myself a hernia moving all that [email protected]#$ around. So, in short, I’ma hand tools and shade trees kinda mechanic.
Bonus! More About The 2000 Volvo S80
Volvo’s S80 flagship debuted for 1999 but was never a top contender in its class. It has lots of interior room, a comfortable ride, and fairly nimble handling.
Some controls were awkward but somewhat improved for 2005. The standard engine was a fairly lively 2.9-liter inline six-cylinder. The turbocharged T6 offers quick and effortless acceleration. An AWD version with a turbo five-cylinder engine debuted for 2004. Only the underpowered 5-cylinder remained for 2006.
Bonus! 10 Interesting Volvo Facts
- In Latin, the word Volvo means: I spin. Today however the nearest meaning is “I roll”.
- Volvo was founded in 1924. The two founders were Gustav Larsson and Assar Gabrielsson.
- The ÖV 4 is the first Volvo car. The first car was sell-ready in 1927. The 2-Liter, 4-cilinder car got the nickname: Jakob.
- Volvo’s very first commercial vehicle was the Type-1 truck. The release year was 1928. In the same year, Volvo released the second car, the Volvo PV 651. Volvo manufactured a total of 1383 of both vehicles in the first year; of which automaker exported 27.
- This trend saw a sharp rise in 1932 when Volvo released a good amount of 10,000 vehicles, both trucks and cars.
- The company, however, started making a large-scale profit from the year 1935. The first luxurious car by Volvo was the PV36, which could carry six passengers at a time. The design of this iconic car paved the path for future Volvo cars to come. I came in the market with a price tag of 8,500 Swedish kronor.
- Volvo touched a landmark in 1941, with the sale of its 50,000th vehicle; this is a unique achievement considering the time when WWII was in full swing.
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.