New MVS Forums member xc60sailor »
I just changed my 2010 Volvo XC60 Fan Controller today. I used this site as a reference, I took some photos as I went along.
Here was my process:
1. Diagnosed the problem based on various posts and assumed for $32 it was the controller.
2. Located the controller on the internet.
Amazon: Radiator Cooling Fan Control Module For Volvo S60 S80 V70 XC80 XC60 7T438C609BA 7G919A819AA
3. Took two days to get it. Driving the car around by disconnecting battery at long stops and for the night.
4. Tested removing the lower connectors, they came off easily, there is a catch you must press to remove the connectors.
5. Took pictures of all the connectors so I knew where they go back and don’t cross wires (not sure if the connectors are keyed).
6. Removed lower connectors.
7. Clipped the wire tie holding top connector and then removed top connector.
8. The screw which holds the controller to the fan assembly is a pain to undo, so plan to use a small ratchet with a screwdriver to remove. (You will need a Philips or cross head)
9. After that screw comes out, the controller is held with two tabs and the controller comes right out. (see clips below)
10. Replaced the controller, put screw back in and then put wires on. (screw with wires will be a pain)
11. Tested, saw working, put a new wire tie back.
12. Tools away and posting this for you all.
Glad to find your site. This took me no more than 15 minutes.2010 Volvo XC60 Fan Controller Replacement
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.