Check out this A/C Compressor Clutch Gap Fix
Ozark Lee has links to great places to deal with the compressor gap issue on 850’s and x70 model Volvo’s. This might apply to other models as well. Look at his post near the end of this page. Thanks Lee!
“Measure the A/C clutch gap with a feeler gauge set. The gap should be under 0.020. If it is larger than that the A/C clutch needs to be reshimmed. There is the really correct way to do that and then there is a real easy ghetto way of doing it.
What are your pressure readings compressor on and compressor off? You could have actually overcharged the system as well which will make the compressor run hot and then the thermal cutout will disable it until it cools again.”
A/C Compressor Clutch Gap Fix:
Bonus! 10 Interesting Volvo Facts
- In Latin, the word Volvo means: I spin. Today however the nearest meaning is “I roll”.
- Volvo was founded in 1924. The two founders were Gustav Larsson and Assar Gabrielsson.
- The ÖV 4 is the first Volvo car. The first car was sell-ready in 1927. The 2-Liter, 4-cilinder car got the nickname: Jakob.
- Volvo’s very first commercial vehicle was the Type-1 truck. The release year was 1928. In the same year, Volvo released the second car, the Volvo PV 651. Volvo manufactured a total of 1383 of both vehicles in the first year; of which automaker exported 27.
- This trend saw a sharp rise in 1932 when Volvo released a good amount of 10,000 vehicles, both trucks and cars.
- The company, however, started making a large-scale profit from the year 1935. The first luxurious car by Volvo was the PV36, which could carry six passengers at a time. The design of this iconic car paved the path for future Volvo cars to come. I came in the market with a price tag of 8,500 Swedish kronor.
- Volvo touched a landmark in 1941, with the sale of its 50,000th vehicle; this is a unique achievement considering the time when WWII was in full swing.
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.