1. Copy FM radio channels, then disconnect Battery Ground Cable (10-mm socket). This is to prevent an SRS Code later. You must do this step of d/c battery cable! – Driver seat all the way back. – Steering Wheel DOWN and OUT all the way.
2. Use a flat blade screwdriver wrapped with a rag to prevent damage to trim work, pry the BOTTOM of the vents (see pic of the vents with clips) to remove them to expose the Torx-25 screws. The dash speaker cover: pry the part close to you first.
3. Remove the eleven (11) Torx-25 Screws as shown in Pic #1:
4. The Glove box is held by six (6) screws. Once the Glove box is removed, you will see the three (3) 10-mm bolts holding the Air Bag Unit (which is part of the dash trim).
– Disconnect Air Bag Electrical Connector: note how it fits in the groove for re-installation.
– Now the dash trim slides out nicely, set it in a safe place to prevent damage.
– If you have the “recall” stud as mentioned above, remove it.
Now disconnect all connectors using a SMALL flat blade screwdriver.
Welcome to Volvo news, help and DIY fixes. We feature the Volvo Repair Database, the best Volvo Forum, and an awesome monthly Volvo newsletter. Joining is always free!