MVS member daparish had a strange electrical event on his 2005 V70:
Had to have vehicle towed after 2 flat tires on freeway, after tires installed got car back started and drivable, but:
- no power windows function (front both sides)
- no functions from drivers door control panel or passenger panel
- no central locking function from door control. No mirror control
- also manually operating door lock does not activate solenoid (no click)
- ambient temp display “–”
- climate system blower fan does not operate, but
- indicator lights are operating
- drivers power seat controls do not operate
- drivers window stuck down
- sun roof is operational
- passenger side door switches (windows, lock) non functional
Vida gives CCM-00A1 blower signal missing, CEM-1A53 DDM signal missing CEM-1A53 PDM signal missing. Hard
to believe all 3 modules went bad at the same instant (when towed for 10 mins). All were working correctly immed
before tow. Also why driver seat and ambient air temp non functional (no codes for those)?
CCM-00A1 blower sig missing
CEM-1A53 DDM signal missing
CEM-1A53 PDM signal missing
Checked fuses in cabin pillar dash side panel. Fuses good but no 12v at fuse socket.
So, after checking the wiring diagram, found a listing for the “cargo area” fuse panel next to battery,
location 11E in fuse list. part num for this fuse panel is 9162321.
Now this is NOT the fuse panel in the side panel of the cargo area, its under the floor next to the battery.
In fact you have to remove the battery to even see it. This fuse panel has mostly 50 amp fuses that are bolted
in place. Part # is 9162326 for the 50 amp fuse.
In this case I checked fuse 11E/6 which is 50amp and supplies power to fuse panel 11C/ fuses 1 through 6 (bingo – all the circuits not functioning).
It was open circuit but visually looked good. Replaced this fuse and all came back to life, problem thankfully solved.
(local Volvo dealerships didn’t stock it (special order) so I substituted EZGO 50 amp charger fuse 28106G01, which is the same
part and was in stock at local EZGO parts dealer).