Craigslist Volvo Ad
Here’s an example of a denver.craigslist.org ad that ain’t quite right. I’m waiting for a call back as I type to confirm it. I don’t want to text because if it’s what I think it is, my phone number will be forever on robo-texting scam lists.
Anyway, the points in the image are probably self-explanatory, but I’ll go over them:
- Odd words in the title — red flag.
- Crazy low price — without the mileage it’s hard to say if this is a low price or crazy low price. Whatever the case, if you’re a scammer, might as well attract the widest audience, yes?
- Where does this guy live? I mean c’mon, the streets are nameless.
- No mileage — not an unheard of legitimate mistake, but a red flag none-the-less.
- Incorrect information about the Volvo… it’s an inline-6, not a V-6. Like mileage, not a big problem, but when they add up…
- Those photos are from Volvo literature. Way too good for a regular guy selling his car.
Welcome to Matthews Volvo Site! Your one stop shop for all Volvo news, help and DIY fixes. We feature the Volvo Repair Database, the best Volvo Forum, and an awesome monthly Volvo newsletter. Joining is always free!
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.