The Big Turbo Cometh
Rye Z of RZ Design is our guest on Fast Friday #30. He writes about the nearly-ready-to-sell kit, built around a Mitsubishi TD05H-16G “The TD05H shares these same advantages, but is capable of much higher output because of its size.”
The first version of the prototype kit (above) featured just the basics. Oil and water lines made with the highest quality components I could find, and the necessary gaskets and flanges. Work began on the installation and the kit was tweaked and expanded. Now, as the kit nears completion, it features:
- A milled R manifold.
- Stainless CNC v-band turbine outlet.
- Bosch’s newest and most advanced injectors in 550cc or 650cc depending on application.
- RZ Design 14 blade (7 primary + 7 secondary) billet compressor wheel for more flow and faster response than the stock Mitsubishi TD05H wheels.
- Ball raced wastegate actuator arm for smooth operation and ultimate longevity.
- Anodized aluminum and stainless fittings.
- Hard line for oil return.
- Genuine Volvo hardware and gaskets.