Ever wonder how to remove your volvo radio?
MVS Forum Member peterw raises this important question about removing his volvo radio and always reliable MVS forum member JBRollo comes through with a helpful answer in the forum. JBRollo says, This is from the procedure to install an in-dash mug holder which requires removal of the volvo radio. One step is VERY tricky…
MVS Forum Member peterw asks:
please can someone explain to me the procedure to get at the back of the volvo radio so I can install a Parrot bluetooth device on my 2001 S60.
MVS Forum member JBRollo replied:
This is from the procedure to install an in-dash mug holder which requires removal of the volvo radio. One step is VERY tricky. Go slow.
1. Set gear shift back at least to mid point. Turn key off as far as you can.
2. Disconnect Battery negative terminal. Remember not to close trunk!
In fact, roll a window down to preven lock out if only one key is available.
3. Remove small panel (cover) in front of the gearshift by gently prying on the left and right edges. I use two small screwdrivers but plastic would be better. A putty knife is useful as well as two popsickle sticks. Be careful not to scrap off paint.
4. Pry up the rear two catches on the flat cover of the gear shift. Gently! Its all plastic. Do same to front two catches. (Can do in reverse order too) Lift gear shift cover off.
5. Remove the two screws from the bottom of the Environment Panel…do not drop…