Let’s talk about these 740 rims
Yes they do. RWD wheels are cheap and a lot of people use them to mount snow tires. Yes there is a difference in offset but you’ll hardly notice it. Your 2006 has bigger brakes so make sure the diameter is big enough to clear.
Bonus! More On The Volvo 740
The highly successful Volvo 760 GLE was developed and expanded to give birth to the Volvo 740 GLE in 1984. This new Volvo model was a 4-cylinder alternative to the 760.
The Volvo 740 estate car owed its immense success primarily to factors such as its sheer reliability and renowned safety levels.
Over the years, the Volvo 740 was powered by a range of different engines, mostly 4-cylinder in-line units with or without turbochargers, and there were also 6-cylinder diesel variants.
The exterior underwent a minor facelift in autumn 1988 to carry the model into the 1989 model year.
From August 1990, the Volvo 740 was made in parallel with the 940 for two years, after which the latter took over completely from the 740.
Bonus! 10 Interesting Volvo Facts
- In Latin, the word Volvo means: I spin. Today however the nearest meaning is “I roll”.
- Volvo was founded in 1924. The two founders were Gustav Larsson and Assar Gabrielsson.
- The ÖV 4 is the first Volvo car. The first car was sell-ready in 1927. The 2-Liter, 4-cilinder car got the nickname: Jakob.
- Volvo’s very first commercial vehicle was the Type-1 truck. The release year was 1928. In the same year, Volvo released the second car, the Volvo PV 651. Volvo manufactured a total of 1383 of both vehicles in the first year; of which automaker exported 27.
- This trend saw a sharp rise in 1932 when Volvo released a good amount of 10,000 vehicles, both trucks and cars.
- The company, however, started making a large-scale profit from the year 1935. The first luxurious car by Volvo was the PV36, which could carry six passengers at a time. The design of this iconic car paved the path for future Volvo cars to come. I came in the market with a price tag of 8,500 Swedish kronor.
- Volvo touched a landmark in 1941, with the sale of its 50,000th vehicle; this is a unique achievement considering the time when WWII was in full swing.
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.