Squeaking glovebox Problem?
S80 owners, does your glove box squeak? This is a simple and inexpensive way to cure it.
A friend of mine bought a 2000 S80 T6, which my brother owns now, and his glove box squeaked something awful. After tightening all the screws and the normal stuff I finally figured out what it was.
Bonus! More on the Volvo S80
Volvo’s S80 flagship debuted for 1999 but was never a top contender in its class. It has lots of interior room, a comfortable ride, and fairly nimble handling. Some controls were awkward but somewhat improved for 2005. The standard engine was a fairly lively 2.9-liter inline six-cylinder. The turbocharged T6 offers quick and effortless acceleration. An AWD version with a turbo five-cylinder engine debuted for 2004. Only the underpowered 5-cylinder remained for 2006.
Bonus! 10 Interesting Volvo Facts
- In Latin, the word Volvo means: I spin. Today however the nearest meaning is “I roll”.
- Volvo was founded in 1924. The two founders were Gustav Larsson and Assar Gabrielsson.
- The ÖV 4 is the first Volvo car. The first car was sell-ready in 1927. The 2-Liter, 4-cilinder car got the nickname: Jakob.
- Volvo’s very first commercial vehicle was the Type-1 truck. The release year was 1928. In the same year, Volvo released the second car, the Volvo PV 651. Volvo manufactured a total of 1383 of both vehicles in the first year; of which automaker exported 27.
- This trend saw a sharp rise in 1932 when Volvo released a good amount of 10,000 vehicles, both trucks and cars.
- The company, however, started making a large-scale profit from the year 1935. The first luxurious car by Volvo was the PV36, which could carry six passengers at a time. The design of this iconic car paved the path for future Volvo cars to come. I came in the market with a price tag of 8,500 Swedish kronor.
- Volvo touched a landmark in 1941, with the sale of its 50,000th vehicle; this is a unique achievement considering the time when WWII was in full swing.
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.