Experiencing Failing Coils?
I swapped out the the coil ($75.00 dealer part) and my problems were solved. I cleaned the MAF sensor and it was no longer an issue. Went to my local Autozone and reset my light. All is well with my wonderful XC70!
Check Engine Light – I need advice.
Bonus! More on The Volvo XC70
At its introduction, the second generation V70 XC received a major upgrade. It featured better ground clearance of 8.2 in (210 mm) thanks to a raised suspension, different bodywork with unpainted bumpers and fender extensions, and AWD as standard. An interior grab handle for the front passenger was installed only on this model. Early V70 XC featured special rear view mirrors, a feature that was discontinued after 2003.
Engine and gearbox choices were limited. Only the 2.5L low pressure turbo, or the D5 diesel engine with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission were available. No diesel version was offered for the North American market.
For 2003 the model was renamed the XC70, in keeping with Volvo’s newly introduced XC90
Bonus! 10 Interesting Volvo Facts
- In Latin, the word Volvo means: I spin. Today however the nearest meaning is “I roll”.
- Volvo was founded in 1924. The two founders were Gustav Larsson and Assar Gabrielsson.
- The ÖV 4 is the first Volvo car. The first car was sell-ready in 1927. The 2-Liter, 4-cilinder car got the nickname: Jakob.
- Volvo’s very first commercial vehicle was the Type-1 truck. The release year was 1928. In the same year, Volvo released the second car, the Volvo PV 651. Volvo manufactured a total of 1383 of both vehicles in the first year; of which automaker exported 27.
- This trend saw a sharp rise in 1932 when Volvo released a good amount of 10,000 vehicles, both trucks and cars.
- The company, however, started making a large-scale profit from the year 1935. The first luxurious car by Volvo was the PV36, which could carry six passengers at a time. The design of this iconic car paved the path for future Volvo cars to come. I came in the market with a price tag of 8,500 Swedish kronor.
Volvo touched a landmark in 1941, with the sale of its 50,000th vehicle; this is a unique achievement considering the time when WWII was in full swing.
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.