Enjoy the September 2019 Newsletter
- C&D likes the XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered But with a turbocharger, a supercharger, and an electric component, is it asking for trouble?
- Best July performance in 12 years Volvo’s roll continues: Volvo Car USA posts best July performance in 12 years. August was also signifiant, with double-digit growth.
- CPO Volvos get free Volvo On Call All Certified by Volvo vehicles model year 2015.5 and newer now include a complimentary one-year subscription to Volvo On Call, the company’s connected vehicle mobile app, supporting in-car wi-fi and time-saving connected services.
- Worried you might have missed out on a recall? Use that form to check if your Volvo has any outstanding recalls. You need your VIN.
- Volvo Opens Dedicated Polestar Plant in China Chengdu facility will produce Polestar 1 hybrid-electric vehicles for both China’s domestic and global export markets with the first customer deliveries expected before year’s end.
- Volvo Patents a Head-Up Display That’s on the Ceiling Patent involves a head-up display that’s not on the windshield, but on the ceiling of the car. Huh?
- Flying taxi startup Volocopter raises $55 million in round led by Volvo parent Geely.
- 1998 Volvo FL6 Truck Painted By Banksy Could Sell For $2 Million A Volvo FL6 truck may sell for as much as $2 million later this month because it is adorned with paintings from world-famous artist Banksy.
MVS & DIY
- eEuroparts has a New Owner And guess what’s back? Free shipping over $50. New management at eEuroparts is working hard on expanding and updating the product line to better support the existing customer base and also to support newer cars.
- XeMODeX They’re back supporting MVS! It’s month-to-month, so please mention MVS when you buy from them. They’re the king of modules, plus other replacement parts for Volvos.
- Speaking of modules, Matt runs Midwest ABS, and has been repairing ABS modules for a decade+. He does great work and is fast.
- Time for Winter prep antifreeze, wiper blades, battery, oil weight, tires…
- Flash Green over Atacama Awesome or ridiculous?
- We’re getting a fair amount of spam posts in the Volvo Forums, mostly deflected, but some are getting through. If you spot one, pease contact me — or click “Report Post”. Spammers are pretty savvy these days. One interesting method is they include a spam link within quoted text. I’ve gotta hand it to these guys, it’s clever.
- Do you have suggestions? If you think of anything, please contact me. Your input is appreciated.
Support MVS via buying things on Amazon with the MVS-Amazon link.
From the “Let’s See Your Volvo” topic, this is user Sweda’s beautiful (and in the US, rare) third generation V70.
“I just harvested beige seats from a V70, and having bought seat bottoms, might have extra bottoms. Lets stay in touch in case we can share bottoms. That sounds too personal.”
– Abscate, from this post in “New to me 99′ S70, base, 5-speed, 209k”.
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.