MVS Contributor and Member Writer100 shows us how to do a Volvo 940 engine mount replacement — including, importantly, what parts to buy to save $68 per side. The local Volvo dealer quoted me $100 per mount. Volvo Parts Online misidentified the part; originally they quoted me $24.95 which I thought was too good to […]
It is easy to twist the mount during install so pay attention to its position when you do, That will insure that no stress or movement of the mount will exceed its travel limit. 1) After tightening, The Washer’s edge should be parallel to the aluminum mount insuring a perfectly straight alignment when at rest […]
Upper Engine Mount Bushing Tutorial Overview By Geevs The 850’s upper engine mount is designed to hold the engine in place. Without it, the engine would thrash back and forth in the engine bay and damage nearly everything near it. There are two lower engine mounts that are responsible for the engine’s weight, but these […]
Front/Rear Motor Mount Replacement – 2WD Turbo Models (mine was a 1998 S70 GLT)
- Remove radiator Fan. Remove 15mm/13mm top strut mount bolt/nut.
- Remove 15mm top front motor mount nut.
- Raise and support vehicle on jack stands.
- Remove passenger front tire and bend back splash shield.
- Support engine with a floor jack using a 2×4 across front of oil pan to distribute weight.
- Remove both 14mm bolts attaching right front motor mount to engine.
- Remove 14mm lower front motor mount bolt.
- Raise front of engine and remove old/install new motor mount. Lower engine onto new mount.
- Install but do not tighten 15mm nut and 14mm bolt on motor mount.
Replace your upper engine mount bushings with polyurethane The 850’s upper mount is designed to hold the engine in place. Without it, the engine would thrash back and forth in the bay and damage everything near it. Overtime, these bushings hold on to that engine every single day. It’s a tough job. Eventually, they wear […]