Michael Jingle is a happy man with his 1997 850 T-5 Wagon . And why wouldn’t he be? He drives this beautiful M56-swapped 1997 850 that he built and painted himself.
He put it together after his first Mexico Blue (in Porsche-speak, Pageant Blue in MG-speak) 850 was sadly rear-ended and totaled at a red-light. He owned the previous blue 850 for 5 years.
Standard issue 1997 850 T-5, original gray on charcoal interior. 173,XXX Miles, 3 owners, originally a New Hampshire car, was brought to Tampa, FL 8 months ago and I purchased it shortly after for $1200.
Michael built this 850 in 3.5 months which in “crunch mode” with his upcoming move to Orlando for school.
Obvious things done:
- Blue paint (1980 MG Car Corporation “Pageant Blue“)
- lowered on BC racing coilovers
- R bumper
- R wing
- fog lights
- “angel eye” headlights
- wheels – 18×8 XXR 527 in Chromium black
- Tint all the way around, legal Florida 5% strip on windshield, 30 % front side windows and 15% all the way around the back
Not so obvious things:
- Black cherry woodgrain dashboard
- A-pillar gauge pod (oil pressure, boost PSI, voltage)
- Factory seats with NO RIPS (amazingly)
- M56 swapped, sachs R clutch and pressure plate
- 96 2.3 turbo 850 engine
- ’93 N/A cams
- Gates racing blue timing belt
- All blue silicone hoses (Mishimoto, do88, snabb, IPD)
- Added fake gReddy type S blow off valve (“because I’m that kind of person”)
- Ebay drop-in intercooler with the big core
- Ported intake manifold with 3″ N/A throttle body and 960 throttle plate
- Ported R exhaust manifold to a ported TD04-HL-16T with 3″ angle flange (freshly rebuilt)
- 3″ downpipe to becker performance exhaust with a 3″ electric cut-out added after the downpipe.
- Manual boost controller around 14 psi and 850 R ECU
- In-line catch can to the factory PCV system
- Freshly re-sealed engine, redid oil pump seals, sump tube o-ring and pan gasket
Photo Gallery — Mexico Blue 850
Thoughts on this Gorgeous 1997 850 T-5 Wagon Build ?
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.